Dentures may be artificial, but they still need to be maintained. All non-edible products that are inserted into your mouth must always be disinfected and sterilized to the best of your ability if you are going to keep your mouth safe. Gum disease can still strike even if you have no teeth left at all. Dentures are realistic-looking alternatives to natural teeth, and in much the same way as natural teeth, they too can harbor unsafe bacteria or food particles.
Your dentures require your care. Try these helpful hints to keep your dentures strong:
– Attend regular exams with your dentist at 19th Avenue Dental.
– Exercise caution when handling dentures as they can be slippery and easily damaged if dropped.
– Remove your dentures daily, including soaking them in a denture solution or water. Brush your dentures daily with a nonabrasive cleaner that has been approved by your dentist.
– To keep your dentures safe, soak or store your dentures overnight. Ask your dentist for the most effective storage methods.
– Before you insert your dentures or after you remove them, clean and brush your gums.
– Never use harmful treatments on your dentures such as abrasive toothpaste or teeth-whitening treatments, as they can easily damage or bleach the dentures.
– Remove your dentures after meals for cleaning.
To schedule your checkups with Dr. Shuichi Yamaguchi, please call us at 425-385-8130. Our office is conveniently located in Everett, Washington. If you have any further questions regarding dentures or any general questions concerning your oral health, call us today!