Dental implants, commonly called teeth implants, offer those who have lost their teeth and dental roots a reliable and long-lasting option. In terms of replacing teeth, implants are the “gold standard” since they are the only procedure that can replace both the root and the missing natural tooth.
If you’re searching for a tooth replacement solution, consider investing in dental implants worthwhile. Additionally, for most patients seeking to restore missing teeth, the price will be a key determinant in picking between tooth implants and other conventional kinds of restoration. The treatment price is frequently only marginally higher than more traditional dental procedures.
These are long-term, cost-effective solutions because they permanently replace missing teeth. And a wise investment for those who want to keep their teeth in good health.
New dental implants
A fake tooth and a biocompatible post-make-up dental implant. The implant is a foundation for the artificial tooth attached to the abutment. It replaces the tooth roots (the metal part serving as a crown base). Dental crowns require stability and security. These posts are implanted into the jawbone to provide that without further taxing the already fragile jawbone. Therefore, implants act as the new tooth’s framework and foundation.
When someone loses a tooth, tooth implants may be the usual treatment. Tooth decay, periodontal disease, plaque buildup, and poor oral hygiene are some leading causes of lost teeth. Dental implants are necessary to replace missing teeth since failing to do so could result in a domino effect where one shift causes another. This domino effect can significantly change how your teeth and mouth function. By resulting in issues with your dental occlusion, it could also impact your quality of life.
Important Advantages of Dental Implant Surgery
The use of tooth implants has a number of advantages. The following are a few of the most important benefits of dental implants:
- Prevents bone loss – The implants can help maintain your bone density by connecting with your jawbone.
- Durability: They are permanent, which is one of their main advantages. Since the implants are connected to your jawbone, they are quite stable. With regular maintenance, you may anticipate that they will last just as long as your natural teeth. Dental implants are an excellent alternative for people looking for a long-term solution because removable dentures only endure for five to eight years.
- Better oral health – Unlike dental bridges supported by neighboring teeth, implants don’t require modifying those teeth. No neighboring teeth are lowered in size to accommodate the implant, preserving more of your good teeth and improving your long-term oral health.
- Benefits in real life – Implants stay in place since the titanium post is bonded to your jaw. Your speech is unaffected as a result, and eating is made simpler.
- Easy to maintain – Implant maintenance and everyday care is significantly easier to manage than detachable prosthetic maintenance.
- Benefits in terms of appearance – It’s vital to note that implants don’t even register in appearance; they appear as natural teeth.
Dental Implants for Older People
Compared to other age groups, people between the ages of 40 and 64 are more likely to have lost at least one tooth. For many older Americans, decisions about dental health can be an unexpected aspect of aging. Whether to repair the gaps with a half denture, a bridge, or even an implant is a dilemma for most seniors who have lost teeth. In addition to being unsightly, gaps can increase the risk of infection and harm the neighboring teeth, possibly necessitating more extractions. Dental implants are frequently the best option as a result.
You may wonder if they work just as well for older people as they do for younger ones once you reach a certain age. Fortunately, implants work and endure just as well for elderly patients as they do for younger ones. They can considerably enhance the physical and psychological well-being of older people. Because of this, dental implants may provide a long-lasting replacement for your missing tooth.
Dental implants can transform any Smile
We at 19th Avenue Dental are happy to announce that Dr. Shuichi Yamaguchi, a talented dentist, can offer dental implants to patients who are missing teeth. In order to do this, a surgical procedure that includes inserting small titanium posts into your jawbone that will support the new teeth that have been precisely constructed to replace the missing teeth. Dental implants are frequently the first option at our dental clinic compared to alternative tooth replacement techniques. One tooth replacement option is available with them, preserving the shape of your healthy teeth, or they can completely alter your grin. We will consult with you to decide what is ideal for your smile.
Patients of all ages and those with illnesses and health issues like gum disease, hypertension, and bone loss can benefit from implants. To rebuild and reinforce the bone in your jaw, we can even conduct single tooth grafts and sinus lifts in our dental clinic.
In our office in Everett, Washington, we plan and put your implants using state-of-the-art 3D imaging and planning technology. With this technology, we can arrange your implant placement using a computer without having to cut through your gum tissues. We intend to give you a satisfying experience that results in a bright new smile that you can be proud of. Make an appointment with Dr. Shuichi Yamaguchi at our dental office right now to find out if you qualify for dental implants.
We look forward to seeing you smile soon!