Great Holiday Smile
A great holiday smile begins with great holiday health care habits. Everything you do to strengthen and protect your teeth and gums can have enormous benefits on your overall oral health. Even simple daily tasks such as brushing and flossing remain paramount to protect your teeth.
19th Avenue Dental wants your holiday season to remain bright, so please consider the following health care guidelines for a safe and successful winter season and a great holiday smile:
– If you are looking for a great snack to enhance your smile, sugarless gum has been shown to fight against the effects of cavities when chewed for over 20 minutes after a meal.
– Don’t bite down on anything that can easily chip or crack teeth, such as icicles or jumbo candy canes.
– Avoid sugary drinks that seek to promote tooth decay.
– Be sure to brush and floss with extra care if you enjoy holiday sweets such as chewy candy, candy canes, peppermint bark, peanut brittle, popcorn balls, or gummy sweets. Many holiday snacks can easily stick to your teeth and gums and are more difficult to remove.
– Protect your teeth with a mouth guard or facemask from dangerous outdoor activities such as skiing, sledding, hockey, and ice skating.
If you have suffered from an oral accident or simply wish for a professional cleaning from our dentist, please contact our office in Everett, Washington, at 425-385-8130. You can also schedule an appointment with Dr. Shuichi Yamaguchi. We look forward to making your smile merry for the holidays!